Friday, May 09, 2008

New career at ECO Canada!

I just started my new job at ECO Canada at the beginning of May. I have to say my job search this time around went a lot smoother than last time when I was unemployed for several months! I finished my contract with the Dept of Family Medicine at the end of the first week of April. Then I spent 1 week applying for positions, got the ECO interview thanks to Megan and interviewed on Monday, second interview on Thurs, job offer Thurs afternoon.

My official job title is Project Manager of the Labour Market Transition project. Initially it was called the "Sector Transition Initiative" but the acronym for that refers to something else in the healthcare field that isn't quite so pleasant. So we agreed to change the title to "Labour Market Transition".

The learning curve is steep and I have definitely had some stressed out moments but all-in-all the process is going well. Everyone is super friendly and they even dragged me out to the River & Pathway Cleanup after my second day of work!

3 Comments:

Blogger abbey said...

Hey Ev! Good to hear that they agreed to change that acronym! Haha! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, good to know someone still checks it, even though I'm terrible at updating it!

11:40 AM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Katrina said...

Congrats Evelyn! That is really nice you got the job so quickly! Chris and I are going to Japan from May 12 to the 23rd. Because of the time difference it turns out to be just nine days in Japan even though we're gone 12 days in the US! Crazy eh?

9:42 AM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger ninjashowdown said...

Wow you actually get comments on your blog, and soon after your post too!

Aren't bad acronyms fun though? My friend worked at A2M for a while (I didn't even know that acronym before) and then moved on to SOL vision.

8:17 PM, May 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home