Thursday, October 11, 2007

All I want for my birthday is your cash... for a good cause

I'm almost 26 years old! And I don't really want/need any gifts... the only thing I asked for from Geoff was the CD of traditional Zulu songs by the Agape orphans. This birthday instead of planning a party for myself and thinking about my own needs, I'm more consumed by the needs of others much less fortunate than myself. Even today I got some really sad news from Ghana. One of the little boys we enrolled in the TVG program died of malnutrition and probably AIDS too. We didn't have enough fundraising to get him help in time. :( On my 26th birthday I will be thankful that I live in a country where we have universal health care. And I will be thankful that I am still alive to live another year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home